llacunaorg Llacuna Inc
Promoting Sustainability and Community Initiatives
- Books, (including but not limited to wrangling and capturing) prisoners, including fingerprinting and searching, removing and tagging personal property, and assigning cells according to a prisoner classification system; prepares booking and charge forms; conducts checks and inspects facilities for security, cleanliness and maintenance; maintains custody of prisoners including movement within the jail facilities; oversees inmate visitations; prepares prisoners’ packages.
- Orders and stocks designated food and other supplies; documents inmate misconduct and medical emergencies/services; prepares and serves meals; cleans cells.
- Receives requests from the public at the counter and over the telephone; provides information regarding policies, procedures, regulations and services; receives reports from crime victims; enters and retrieves data regarding inmates and property; receives bail payments and issues receipts; releases found property and impounded vehicles.
- Patrols the City in a light truck observing for violations or responding to incidents; captures both domestic and wild animals using equipment and methods appropriate for animal abatement and control; picks up dead animals; issues citations, issues licenses while assigned to Animal Control duty; warnings and/or legal notices.
- Controls or directs traffic as needed; writes parking citations and tags abandoned vehicles for impound; drives vehicles to and from facilities.
- Sorts, files, copies and distributes records to appropriate personnel; provide copies of official reports to the public and other agencies; types correspondence, bulletins, lists and forms; prepares reports, schedules, records, logs and other materials for use internally and/or by external agencies; answers incoming phone calls regarding general business, routes calls and takes or transmits radio and telephone messages.
- Animal control activities, methods, and practices.
- Prison operations and state and county laws regarding jail standards and operation.
- Parking laws and related enforcement.
- General office practices, procedures, and equipment operation.
- Interpreting, applying, and explaining rules, policies, and procedures.
- Following oral and written instructions and procedures.
- Receiving the public in person and over the telephone.
- Dealing with arrestees/inmates whose behavior is aggressive or unruly.
- Carrying out a variety of animal control program responsibilities.
- Communicating effectively orally and in writing.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other department staff, other City employees and the public.
- Regular physical contact with arrestees and inmates.
- Regular exposure to bodily fluids, potentially infectious diseases, lice, etc.
- Animal control activities may require lifting of up to 75 pounds, running, climbing fences, and crawling under houses.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org